Clinical Device Specialist – BIOTRONIK
Clinical Device Specialist
The role of a Clinical Device Specialist is to support BIOTRONIK technology and customers with technical expertise and knowledge. Clinical Device Specialists work closely with the Territory Manager in a given geographical area to ensure all the customers and potential customer’s needs are met. It is a team based approach to supporting BIOTRONIK technology and customers. The Clinical Device Specialist will interact with a wide variety of customers including Cardiologists, Surgeons, Nurses, Electrophysiologists, Nurse practitioners, and Allied Professionals. There key areas where Clinical Specialists contribute:
- Ability to learn technical information quickly
- Effective at multi-tasking
- Networking and Relationship building
- Strategic Thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Supporting Pacemaker and ICD implants at various hospitals across British Columbia and Alberta
- Provide education and technical expertise to customers (which includes Electrophysiologists, Cardiologists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Technicians, etc.)
- Troubleshoot device programming when required.
- Support the sales efforts of the local Territory Manager
- University degree and/or College Diploma. Specialization in healthcare preferred.
- Healthcare work experience in a similar role an asset
- Highly effective prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- General work hours with some overtime required
- Must have a car to perform daily work duties
- Will be required to travel out of province occasionally for training and meetings.
Please click on the following links for job posting boards from Alberta Health Services and BC Interior Health Services for Cardiology Technologists
ASRCT AGM 2019 – Treasurer
This position is appointed by the Board for a two (2) year term in even number years and has a vote:
The Treasurer shall:
- Have custody of the Society funds and securities and shall keep full and accurate accounts for receipts and disbursements in books belonging to the Society and shall deposit all monies and other valuable effects in the name and credit of the Society.
- Receive and disburse the funds of the Society with the approval of the Board taking proper vouchers for such disbursements, and shall render of the Board of Directors , at each regular meeting of the Board of whenever they may require it, an account of all the transactions and the financial position of the Society,
- Present a report and the Annual Financial Statements at the annual meeting or as agreed by the Board of Directors,
- Prepare a comprehensive budget for the ensuing fiscal year to be submitted to the Board by January of the Current fiscal year,
- Custodian of the Seal of the Society, which he/she shall deliver when authorized by the resolution of the Board of Directors to such person or persons as may be named in the resolutions,
- Perform all duties and exercise all powers assigned to the Treasurer in the bylaws and rules and perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as may be directed from time to time by all directors of the Board and for the efficient management of the Society.