Cardiology Technologist Education/Programs
All Canadian Cardiology Technologist programs offered are designed to fulfill the need for trained technologists in a variety of diagnostic cardiology procedures. Programs are required to be accredited with CMA (www.cma.ca/conjointaccreditation) and graduates are considered eligible to write the CSCT National Certification Examination in either of the following situations:
- CSCT Approved and Registered for CMA Accreditation or
- CMA Accredited
- The British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in Burnaby, BC. (www.bcit.ca)
- Mohawk College of Applied Art & Technology in Hamilton, Ontario (http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/)
- Stenberg College, based out of Vancouver, BC, with partner labs in Calgary, Winnipeg, and Halifax. (http://www.stenbergcollege.com/programs/online/cardiology_technologist.html)
- College Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick, based in New Brunswick. (www.ccnb.nb.ca)
- St. Clair College Windsor, Ontario (www.stclaircollege.ca/programs/postsec/cardiovascular_technology/)
- Canadian Cardiovascular Congress – cardiocongress.org
- Heart Rhythm Society – hrsonline.org
- Vancouver Island Institute of Medical Technology, located in Victoria, BC. (http://www.viimt.ca/)
Effective Feb 2010: until such time that Phase 1 of the Accreditation process is successfully completed, the first cohort only of any new program is considered eligible to write the CSCT National Certification Examination.
Foreign trained health professionals MAY be eligible to access the CSCT Certification Examination.
DISCLAIMER: All programs have their success rates in the CSCT certification exam assessed for compliance with Criteria 1.6 of the Accreditation requirements (See Requirements at www.cma.ca/conjointaccreditation). Failure to meet stated success rates may result in the suspension of eligibility of graduates to access the National Certification Examination. The CSCT is not responsible for any expenses incurred by students or the individual programs for denial of this service.